Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Falling Down Outtakes and Editing

Everybody has their own way of expressing themselves and it so happen that mine is through photography. I’m a quiet person, someone who loves to stand back and watch how everybody is doing. There is always something I can say about a person, ALWAYS, but I keep them to myself, a thing that I really like because it keeps me away from trouble. But the thing is, too much silence can be noxious.

I have chosen to abandon my photography for a while because every single photo that comes into my mind dictates negativity. A big mistake I can say, because it left me nothing but myself drowned in my silence where my anger has no way out but to bounce back to me. It left me crying silently for nights. It took me weeks to figure out I needed to talk to someone else.

I remember my psychology teacher once said, one needs to vent out stresses in life through what we call defence mechanisms, to maintain self integrity, to maintain balance in life, to keep life moving.

As the famous Albert Einstein said, “Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance, you must keep moving.” After two weeks of wasting my time, here is my come back upload to flickr.

http://flic.kr/p/8XP8bN

I tried tossing the chair but it was too heavy for me to flip while I'm on it. I did try putting something under one side of the chair but I didn't work as well. The next attempt was to do it in photoshop.
The first shots were flipping the chair.



Combined those shots to make something like this.

I used the copy and transform tool meticulously to clear out the background.

The second shots I did hair flips using a fan to give a sense of motion.

Copied myself and a part of the chair, and layered it on top of the first image. I used the transform tool to flip the the second image as if I was sitting on the flipped chair from the first image and there you go.

Hope everyone is fine ~_~

1 comment:

  1. Heyy I first saw your pics on Flickr, but only now have I noticed you blog too! Great Shot and great explanation!

    ReplyDelete