Friday, October 8, 2010

Images from pieces

Titles and ideas were flooding my brain cells the other day, so I did shot when I finally had spare time. I’ve always wanted to do things that aren’t real, things that can’t happen in actual life.
Things that are unusual never fail to catch my attention.

Here are some of the outtakes.


"Hey, who said I can't do push-ups?"

In reality, I can only do two consecutive push-ups, seriously. I guess my arms are just weak, or my body is too big for my arms haha.



Ideas like motion blur or climbing wall.

Then my cell phone rang. It said “Post something in your blog, slob!” and I said to myself it’s time to do a tutorial on this. 

Since I’ve deleted all my back-up PPD files, I needed to reshoot it because there is no way I can retrieve my layer by layer file for tutorial purposes.





Here is the before and after of our tutorial for today.

To cut the hands, use the lasso tool then paste it on top of the image.

Transform the hand layer (Ctrl+T) and make it look like it is holding and dragging a body part down.


Use the eraser to soften the edges and smudge it to make the hand appear like it is part of the wall.

Then adjust the color of the hands using Color Balance to make it look creepier.

When you’re satisfied with the hands’ positions and colors, we can finally flatten the layers and adjust the color balance of the whole image. For the final touching, I added textures, adjusted the color balance and manipulated a bit of the curves.

There you go, Halloween is approaching!!






1 comment:

  1. I just came across you flickr account and damn you're soooooo good! I'm also a beginner with a D3000 camera. I'll definitely follow your blog! Keep up the good work! / Mimi

    ReplyDelete