Thursday, October 21, 2010

Smokey Effect

I received an email few days ago asking for a tutorial on this

You can see this too at my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinpasol/5056645637/

Well, since I can’t divulge the BEFORE shot of it for obvious reason/S, I decided to shoot another instead, for blogging purposes.

Before and after. Sorry for my make up, I couldn't get the right combination back then ~_~

Using the magnetic lasso tool, the marquee tool can do this too, copy a part of the picture wherein you can use to fake smokes.




Don’t forget to duplicate your raw layer first. I love doing this because I usually have problems with my background when I shoot- be it a remote on my lap, a bracelet I forgot to remove or a fan used to flip my hair.

Soften the edges using eraser. I did change the settings to this
I lowered the opacity and increased the brush size.


I did this for like several times just to get the exact amount of fog I wanted.

And here we go..........
This works for me for now, I read smoke machines are pretty cool but I couldn't find one in local stores. Hope this too, will work for you guys.

Goodnight everyone!!
I soooo miss my blog ~_~

No comments:

Post a Comment